Fly high like a plane!
What’s a better way to teach kids about an airplane than let them build one? And, in the process learn the different parts of an airplane.
Crafts add a fun element to kid’s learning process and as a parent, you can cherish your kid’s lovely creations for a lifetime.
HOW TO MAKE POPSICLE STICK AIRPLANE CRAFT
- 3 Popsicle sticks (6 x 3/4 in)
- 5 Popsicle sticks (4 1/2 x 3/8 in)
- 2 small cardboard cuttings (~4.5cm x 0.8cm)
- 1 small black bead
1. First, glue the 5 small popsicle sticks together and let them dry.
2. While the sticks are drying, cut the edges of cardboard making them a little circular. We covered the cardboard with blue paper. You can also use color.
3. Glue both the cardboard pieces by the center forming an X shape propeller.
4. Gently glue a black bead on top of the X shape propeller and let them dry.
5. Take the 5 glued sticks and on their wider sides, glue 2 large sticks roughly 0.5″ away from one end (one of each side). And, let them dry.
6. Breake a large stick into 2 pieces and glue them together such that we get the circular edges for the rear part. Then, glue it on the 5 glued sticks roughly 0.5″ away from the other end.
7. Glue the X shape propeller to the top of 5 sticks.
8. Let the entire craft dry for 2-3.
9. Decorate the plane with colorful stickers.